Algo 8188 SIP Ceiling Speaker
- Customer Reviews (0)
The 8188 SIP Ceiling Speaker is a SIP compliant IP ceiling speaker for voice paging, emergency notification, and background music.
Wideband G.722 codec support provides optimum speech clarity and intelligibility in an HD Voice environment. Voice paging and emergency announcements can be easier to understand with wideband, particularly in a noisy envrionment. The super-wideband frequency response enables music quality far superior to narrowband IP or transformer coupled analog speakers.
The speaker may be configured as a third party SIP endpoint compatible with leading premise or hosted UC providers including Avaya, Broadsoft, Cisco, Digium Asterisk, Metaswitch, Mitel, and more. For multiple speaker deployments, additional speakers do not require a SIP license. Deployed as a SIP endpoint the 8188 can be configured to auto-multicast to any number of additional speakers as required, providing cost effective scalablity as well as minimizing network traffic.
In a VVX Polycom environment, hosted or in conjunction with Microsoft Lync, the speaker may be configured to join a Polycom Group Page for coverage in common areas or for sound re-inforcement. No SIP registration is necessary. For all multicast page applications, zoned paging is supported.
Algo speakers are well suited for both general paging and emergency notification in retail, education, healthcare, and manufacturing. Wideband audio capability is helpful in meeting OSHA requirements as well as the NEMA SB-40 2010 standard for emergency communication in education. To support the reference to the intelligibility requirements of NFPA 72, the Algo 8188 was measured to have a STI-PA intelligibility score of 0.95 in an office environment at 70 dBA level with ambient noise of 49 dBA.
The integrated microphone enables talkback and listens for ambient noise to automatically increase page volume when necessary*. This features enables a consistent ratio of page to ambient noise level without being unnessecarily loud.
An auxiliary input allows an optional wall button or external switch to initiate a SIP call or play a WAV file stored in speaker memory. The WAV file may also be played by dialing the speaker’s second SIP extension, configured for ring/announcement activation only.
For ease and simplicity, the PoE blind-mount speaker installs quickly into the ceiling, and announces its static or DHCP IP address for access to the intuitive web interface. Additionally, the 8188 speaker supports auto-provisioning for minimal touch configuration.
*Feature not available when playing background music
- Superb audio clarity and intelligibility
- Network managed SIP and muticast endpoint
- PoE for plug and play network connectivity
- Eliminates narrowband FXS port or ATA
- Auto-Multicasting capability for scalability from one to many speakers
- Excellent music capability
- Wideband G.722 codec support for HD Voice
- Auto-multicast for cost effective scalability
- SIP compatibility with all leading UC vendors2
- Configurable through web interface
- Supports auto-provisioning
- Music capable
- Internal memory for uploaded WAV files or recorded messages
- Dual SIP extensions for page or notification
- Multicast receive or broadcast capability
- Programmable relay (dry contact) output
- Programmable relay (dry contact) input or illuminated and supervised wall button
- PoE (Power over Ethernet)
- UL/CSA, FCC, CE, UL2043
- **Microsoft Lync not supported in Release 1
- IP voice paging & music
- Multicast wide area notification
- Emergency notification
- IP paging with Avaya, Broadsoft, Cisco, Mitel, Metaswitch, NEC, Polycom, Shoretel etc
- SIP loud ringer
- SIP paging speaker
- Multicast Paging Diagram
Algo 8188 Multicast Paging