Algo 1073 Push to Mute (PTM) Digital Handsets
- Customer Reviews (0)
Algo’s 1070, 1073, 1078 and 1096 series Push-to-Mute (PTM) handsets are a high-quality, fully-compatible handset replacement solution for Nortel digital, IP, and Meridian Digital Centrex telephones. Built from original Nortel handsets, Algo PTM handsets provide a reliable and easy-to-use solution for periodic user-controlled muting of transmit speech and background noise during a call.
Featuring an ergonomically designed soft-touch button, Algo PTM handsets work by disabling the handset microphone when the button is pressed and restoring normal operation when the button is released. In doing so, the handsets prevent background noise and conversations from being heard at the far end (in between speaking).
- Ergonomically designed soft-touch mute button operates with just a light finger press
- Built from original Nortel handsets for maximum compatibility, quality, and reliability
- Quick and easy installation – simply replace your old handset
- Multiple color options
- Quiet, virtually clickless mute switching
- Matches style and audio performance of Nortel telephone
- Fits perfectly into telephone cradle
- Meets stringent ESD (Electrostatic Discharge) requirements
- Improves business communications by allowing callers a method to quickly mute intermittent background noises such as coughing, sneezing, or machinery
- Protects privacy of intermittent side conversations during a phone call
- Enhances conference calls by preventing transmission of background sounds that could disrupt the proceedings